Drop springs vs Drop spindles

I have not notice any issue with my and I have drop springs on it. On our el camino we did both the drop spindles which gave the front end a 3"drop. With a three inch drop the front end sits a lot lower and we have to use a low profile jack to get the car in the air

this the inch drop all the way around on my Monte I'm a inch lower then stock. Here is a before picture the spring were stock small block motor wise is a big block 008-1-1.jpgbath001.jpg when getting out of the car you can actually touch the ground. I have put the same set up on a friends 71 Monte and it sits a little higher then my. Here is our El Camino that has the 3" drop in the front 1" lowering springs and 2" lower spindles and 1" drop in the rear 2708107_6_full.jpg

Check out this guy SC&C he has a tall ball joint setup that really helps handling, helps geometry, and it lowers the car. I used to enjoy the handling aspect then went a different direction

Check out this guy SC&C he has a tall ball joint setup that really helps handling, helps geometry, and it lowers the car. I used to enjoy the handling aspect then went a different direction

I agree. Mark at SC&C has forgot (unlikely) more about suspensions than most people will ever know. He is the go to guy regarding any suspension questions you may have.

In fact he wrote the book "How to make your Muscle Car handle".

Give him a call. Make sure you have time for the call as he loves to educate and may be a long call!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, either way I have to get the spring compressor on there. I just meant as far as buying parts. I can either get 2" drops or stock height. With springs, I could get a couple different heights. I'm fairly sure that I'm going to like the 2" drop in the nose, anyway, but just in case.

Plus, I just recently got some stock spindles from a '75 Chevelle to do the tall spindle conversion for $35 each. Shipping was as much as the spindles, but still worth it to me. I've had a hard time finding tall spindles that weren't brand-new billet aluminum with pressed bearings and blahbity-blah-blah-blah for like $2,000.

I understand and yes 35 bucks each for them is cheep even if the shipping is the same price. But my thinking is you really dont need to compress the springs to change the spindles, only just support the lower control arm with a jack or stand. I hate doing springs. I think I would rather do body work as much as I hate that but its much safer. I had a couple close calls doing springs back when I was flat rate. Good luck bro.