door weather strip holder? w/ pictures

MileHighMonte

I have the weather striping that goes on the doors but when i went to put them on i realized that there was something missing. its the part that holds the striping in place but i dont know what it is called or where to get it. i have a piece of it on the passenger side. If anyone can help me find out what these things are called would be great, where to get them, even greater! grin

Drivers side:

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

Welcome to the site and your car looks really nice.

Roofrail trim is what I call them.. I think I still have a spare pair of those. I can check tomorrow.

You'll want to seal above them to keep the water out.

Dan

That's the same one I'm talking about, not drip rail. Roofrail stainless trim is the one that goes under the edge of the roof and holds the weatherstrip. I'll post some pics later.

Dan

Hey Dominic, I think unless someone corrects me here that those have a Double purpose.... Plus there are suppose to be TWO per side, the one you have shown us should stop about 2-3 inches away from where our quarter glass window does up and then there should be another at the front Pillar area about 1-2 down from the corner roof rail area.. and it holds the weatherstrip in and also is suppose the have a GM plastic coat paint in black on the tips as it acts also as a Bumper stop or Guide for our door glass to guide it or stop it from folding inwards towards the inside of the car/ sort of guides it against the weatherstrip when its in and rest against the glass in both those areas to keep it aligned...

Darren.

• 3 years later...

What is being referred to is the roof rail weatherstrip channel. Near as I can tell, no one does repro for the MC. However, I ordered the set for a '70 Chevelle and they work great. You just have to cut the length down a bit on the top channel, as the Chevelle quarter window is longer. You then have to drill one additional screw hole to mate up with the MC screw hole above tHe quarter window (all the other mount holes are common with Chevelle).

I was told the small ~ 1 inch clips were called "blow out" clips.

They are designed to keep the glass from pushing outward at high speeds when the windows are all rolled up and pressure builds inside the car.

Fords of that time, also had them.

Mine were rusty because the "plastic dip" had peeled off so I removed them and never have had a problem.

I almost never drive with all the windows up.

Bruce