QUESTION ON QUARTER GLASS

FOUROHTOO

Where chrome glues to the quarter window there is a gasket between the glass and the chrome..used and old inner tube on my wifes 68 camaro..turned out ok..but anyone have a better idea or know where to get the right stuff???

Use window Urethane. Caulk it into the channel, put it on the window, use strips of masking tape to hold it in place, let it dry, some will ozze onto the window. Remove ozzed urethane with a razor blade.

• 10 months later...

You're looking for glass setting tape. Ebay is just one source.

The H.A M.B. has a thread on it. There's some good information in their replies.

Another helpful link.

The last time I needed some, I checked a local glass shop and the owner gave me the little bit he had left. He said it's been years since he used any, so I think few shops will carry it. Make sure you get the correct thickness or the glass will be too loose or the channel will be too narrow. I've used soapy water for a lube to install it. Any liquid soap will work and some use motor oil. Put some masking tape on the glass and mark it with the channel installed, without the tape. This is so later you'll be able to see that the channel is all of the way on. Another pair of hands and a rubber mallet is very helpful.

Dan