TUBULAR CONTROL ARMS?

Im doing some front end work to my 72. I was going to rebuild my control arms then i got to thinking, should i put that money towards aftermarket control arms? I was wondering if anyone notices any difference? I no im a tight butt and always lookin for a deal but i dont like chinese junk either. I found some made by APS RACING USA. They look just like cheaper ones i guess that are on ebay. Just wondering if these would be any good. I dont worship my car and have to have the best but i dont want something that is no better or that is gonna junk out. I use my car as daily driver/ocassionally racing my buddys mopar. What brands you guys using and what the price. i no ive seen some hotckins.thank you joe

The CCP ones are fairly inexpensive, but I have heard they mimic the orginal stamped steel ones and do not help any with the steering geometry. BMR has some stuff on e-bay as well but unsure of their benefits.

I know some of the guys have some really nice set-ups hopefully they'll chime in.

Joe what's your budget? There is probably half a dozen or so companies making them. there's CPP mid priced, and there's Procomp, top notch hotchkis maybe overrated? how about UMI?

Procomp! $399.99 for all four..can't beat that with a stick. ebay

$(KGrHqF,!oME8VonTOQEBPIE7smR5g~~60_12.J

the fella i talked to sold those and then he had another vender that he said were better. 300.00 free shipping. but there both made in china or somewhere other than usa.. I could purchase those and it would save time id be rebuilding and paint my factory ones. My time worth alot right now. I just hope my mont dont mind some off shore parts steerin her around.

I am going to keep this simple. Many of the tubular arms out there simply shorten the upper control arm to increase geometry benefits. There are only slight benefits gained. Without me writing a book I am simply going to tell you to call Mark @ Sevitskes Classic & Customs. He wrote the book that was published last year on "How to Make Your Muscle Car Handle". He has forgottoen more (doubtful) regarding suspension information than most will ever know. He also is aware of and a dealer for almost every suspension product on the market. He will walk you through the pluses and minuses of each and give you the best option for your current budget.

Here is the link: Sevitskys Classic & Custom

Great guy and loves to educate people regarding suspension.

Dan

Yea i read some of that. I see the safty issue with not testing products ect. I could prolly rebuild mine cheaper than quality control arms but the time and I was thinkin of buying a kit and being done with the suspinsion. Thanks for the input.

the fella i talked to sold those and then he had another vender that he said were better. 300.00 free shipping. but there both made in china or somewhere other than usa.. I could purchase those and it would save time id be rebuilding and paint my factory ones. My time worth alot right now. I just hope my mont dont mind some off shore parts steerin her around.

Bring your original ones to a powdercoater if thats all you want. Their price includes sandblasting and cleaning since they need to do it before powdercoating. Just drop em off .... and in a couple days pick em up done. They can probably get done for $20ea so for $80 and a set of bushings you'd be done.