Light Bezels

72MC

I just got a set of 72 front light bezels back from the rehromer and they look awesome. The company is called QUAL KROM and are located in Erie, PA. I guess time will tell how good a job it is but they look flawless. I have a spare remote mirror that I have dismantled. I think thats next on my list of rechroming jobs. - Dave

------------------

10%20Monte%2042703.JPG

Dave,

What did they charge you to re-chrome those bezels?

Can you post some contact info for them?

thanks,

------------------

Dave C.

70 402 TH400 Monte Carlo

70 402 4spd Monte Carlo

71 SS 454 Monte Carlo

72 350 Monte Carlo

68 SS396 Camaro

86 Grand National

96 Impala SS

I am not sure if this is high, low or about right but there were 88$ a piece plus shipping both ways. I paid a total of 190.06. PH# 814-899-8546 - 4725-A Iroquois Avenue, Erie, PA 16511. They told me that they would be 10 weeks at least but had them back to me in 5 weeks. Very happy thus far. - Dave

As far as the price it sounds about right. I called Nu-Chrome in Mass. about doing the rear taillight bezels and they quoted me (without seeing the parts) $175 US each.

Before shopping around this sounded astronomical but i guess you get what you pay for and no one said the hobby was cheap.

MarchieB

Yes MarchieB, you are so right. I have a remote mirror ready for rechrome and QUAL KROM wants 175.00 for the rechrome. But, I will say, when you get those pieces back and they look like they do, it makes it all worth it. - Dave

• 10 years later...

I'm not sure about the cost of chroming in the US but here in Canada it approx. doubled within the last 10 years due to the huge expense of dealing with and disposing of the toxic sludge that is left over from the chroming process. frown