Powdercoated brackets and protectors

LostnFound

These being super rare parts and being in very good shape when I got them, I decided to have them powder coated. They turned out beautifully and I can't wit to get to the next step. The protectors are from Texas and the brackets are from South Carolina so everything had barely any surface rust to begin with. smile

BracketsandProtectors001.jpg

I got a pair of the shock protectors came off our 70 El Camino. One thing I noticed about the rear ends is if it org. had shock protectors the rear will have the bolt holes on it. No shock protectors the holes will have to be drilled and tapped.

That is correct Robert. I checked mine a while back and the holes are still there which means the rearend was never changed thank goodness. The holes are still there in my inner fender well for the compressor brackets as well which is another thing I'm thankful for.

Larry did you get them powdercoated locally? If so PM me the details of who as I may have a few pieces. I'd love to get a powdercoat machine myself but it's the baking process afterwards I'd have trouble with...or rather have trouble with..the MRS grin

Scott

Larry, Is the black, satin or flat black. I just dropped off a M/C dash overlay to be done in flat black. They came out real nice.

Carl

Hi Carl, it is a satin black. The guy said he does a ton of stuff for under the hood of cars here in this shade.

I bet a dash overlay would look great powder coated.

I think I'm hooked on powder coating. In fact, I said in a shout on here last night that I'm going to tell my wife that when I die, I want to be powder coated! rofl