Front Coil Overs

So considering buying QA1 front coil overs and wondering if I should? Upgrading suspension starting with the coils. Replaced the rear with Moog CC but want to lower the front . Not sure how much would look good and coil overs will be an easy way to get a height I want. Handling is my first concern. Good idea with stock rims?

I have the QA1 coil overs also and love them. Let's you get that front ride right where you want it and the option to change it whenever you want.

Not sure how many choices for springs they have now but when I bought my set-up they just had the big block and small block option...but I wish I would have chosen the small block springs as my motor now has aluminum heads, aluminum intake, and no AC.

I was planning on doing ride tech later on in life for now I am a broke college student lol and 400 is a lot easier then 800. Thanks for the help!

Sure thing...

The Ridetech Select are nice cause they let you chose between sporty and cushy with the flip of a switch...

I have the double adjustable QA1 Pro Coil Over system in the front and love em. I have both 450lb and 350lb springs. The 350 are a little lite for daily use but would be good for drag racing. I have the 450lb springs in now and they're perfect for most of my driving needs. I like them so much, I purchased double adjustable non coil overs for the back. - dave

The function of a shock is not ride height,although you can achieve ride height through them. The sole purpose of a shock is to hold the tire to the road. JMO but dont achieve ride height (stance) through your shocks. This is achieved thru springs,get the stance you want do alignment and leave it.

That being said adjustable shocks that change the firmness of you ride for different applacations(ie racing,street) is OK.

My cars stance was achevied will coil springs and I run Monroe sesatrac shocks..

With the coilovers, you don't change the shocks (unless they are adjustable), you change the position of the coil spring on the coilover shock. This changes the ride height to some extend...

As Andreas said, on coil over shocks, ride height can be adjusted a total of 2 inches in the spring/spring perch. The shocks are adjustable for compression and rebound. As in my case, mine adjust for each(double adjustable). - Dave

ps - my sig is still my previous/old setup with new stock front springs and el camino variable rate rear springs. It sits lower now with the QA1 coil over setup up front and stock springs and QA1 shocks in the rear. - Dave

Changing compression and rebound with shocks has no adverse affect,but changing ride height with shocks will alter caster and camber settings.JMO but I dont change ride height after I set my alignment.Up goes the height and your tires have no choice but to wear on the outside edge. Changing height with shocks for short runs is fine (ie: racing)but it will change the specs of the alignment that was done at a different height.Shocks are not intended to support your car that is the job of the springs. Some will change shocks for more support on cornering,money would be better spent beefing up your sway bar.Changing ride height no matter how its done affects control arm position which affects caster and camber..I am not knocking adjustable shocks,but if you change ride height after your alignment(for extended periods of time) it will affect tire wear.

This is of course JMO after 40 years under an alignment rack..smileAnd 25 years of building suspensions on round "D" round race cars.smile

This is a topic that has been debated for years and always will be..