Z20 Confirmation!!!

Its Just Me

Montefrazer: Yes, I plan on going to the swap, probably on Friday only though. I usually go with a couple friends who have a swap space every year. That works out good as I don't have to carry all my loot out to the parking area.

Scott

I've also gone spring and fall for many years. No special area to look. Some years find parts and other years find nothing. Usually 2-4 first gen Montes in the show or car corral areas.

Do you get to the Skips shows/swaps in Illinois? One coming up on the 17th. http://www.midwestswapmeets.com/ai1ec_ev...2/?instance_id=

Great news! So, what would it take to purchase it from you?

Bruce

Well Bruce...I hadn't really thought about selling...but I've never been one to limit my options.

My wife would be the major decision maker on the fate of this car. You see, I bought a MC for her for her birthday 2 years ago. It was a 350/350 combo, A/C, black on black on black, bench seat, 10 bolt open rear, rally rims, column shift, excellent interior, but it needed significant body work, tho it looked good from 20 ft. She loved having her own "hotrod" as she called it. After pricing body work and paint (WOW!!!), I started looking for a replacement, upgraded "hotrod" for her that didn't need body work. The SS was the fruit of that search. I tried to make it clear that this car would be "ours" but she doesn't quite see it that way.

Her only issue is that it's too nice to drive as much as she was accustomed too. She drove her old car everywhere and in all weather except winter. I think she misses that.

So "she" may be open to selling if we can replace it with more of a daily driver. I, on the other hand, would require a replacement with a solid body and "good" paint, A/C is a must, and bucket seats and a floor shift. Engine & drive train is open as I have a few options at my disposal.

So recapping...not really for sale, but I will certainly keep you in mind if we change our minds.

FYI...We are hoping to drive the SS to Michigan if Sam & Co. can put a meet together this summer/fall. Hope to meet a bunch of fellow members.

Scott

Would love to see it (and meet you).

I have two grandsons and will need one more car to give away after I no longer can drive (or die). To be fair it should be a 71 350 4BBL like mine so the racing will be closer. Our Grandfather sold his 37 Dodge pick up to my older brother who still owns it. It will be passed down to his grandson. I think that is so great that he did that, I want to also pass on the tradition.

Bruce