Hood alignment issue

Greasy D

Hey guys! I'm test fitting all the panels to get them into alignment before shooting the car. The doors are on the money, fender gaps to the doors and cowl are right on. I'm having a bit of a weird issue with the hood though. I have it sitting flush in the front and back, the gaps side to side are perfect. Closed it looks right on. But when I open the hood the entire thing shifts to the passenger side and scrapes the fender. I need to find the fix for this and so far I have not been able to find search results for this adjustment.

Thanks!

Look at you hood hinges carefully..they usually weaken and sort of allow it to shift sideways. In time they weaken and they kinda of fold-in if you will. Good Luck!! lord knows you'll need it adjusting the hood.

I agree with Rod, been there before. Also do U have the rubber bumpers installed on the fenders for the hood to rest on? How are the hood springs? If one spring is weaker than the other, the hood sort of binds when opening.........