Oil question

cny first gen 71

Has anyone tried that Quaker state Defy yet? Its a blend and suppose to have the zinc in it. Im thinking about tring it when I change my oil in the Monte this time. Mine is all stock now except carb and manafold but collecting parts to modify a bit maybe this winter. Steve

Yea I think im goint to use royal purple after I do the cam and head swap (hopefully this winter) but for now this motor has about 40 k on it.I've always used castroil gtx with the additave but this stuff dont look to bad for now. Thanks.

This is off the original question but I guess based on the responses it is appropriate. AMSOIL is the original synthetic and it is by far the best out there. Created in 1972 (also the best year for MCs gringringrin). All others test against them and all others fail. I am not a distributor. I'm only a user and can say from experience, they are what they claim. Pay the 20$ membership and receive all lubricants at discounts that get you your 20 bucks back in the first purchase. They are the best, PERIOD. - Dave

Take a look at Schaeffer oil. Oldest oil company in America , family owned and operated since 1839. Schaefferoil.com has TD Technical data sheets on all of the products,on the home page just click on the MSDS/TD Icon. Nothing to hide because they use the best oils, synthetics and addatives. Moly ( Molybdenum ) is in almost all of their lubricants IN HIGH ENOUGH CONCENTRATIONS TO GIVE ANTI-FRICTION gives better protection than zinc. Zinc is still used in the lubricants just like other oil company's just lower PPM (parts per mill.)compared to older formulations.Racing oils still have higher PPM. You can put in your zip code and get a phone number for the closest sales rep. They will meet with you and teach you the differences in lubricants become educated that is the best tool.you can order direct just like a parts store. Have done a lot of research on lubricants Schaeffers is the best lubricants for the money. The cost to use not the cost to buy.