Head unit Receiver

tonym0828

Does anyone have one of those retro sound or usa made to fit receivers and if so how well do they work and sound. saw some bad reviews but they were older and am wondering if I should go with one of them or do a glove box system.

Thanks

Tony Murphy

Just finished with my install of Retro Sounds Classic Radio (900C) beautiful fit, once you figure everything out. I could have gotten it cheaper from Crutchfields but they couldn't provide the correct knobs.

DSCF1713_zps6a958208.jpg

DSCF1716_zps8592836b.jpg

I also installed 4 new speakers. I'm OK with the windshield antenna so far and debating about installing a standard mast one or electric?? As far as the function of this unit, its really nice!

I have the usa 6 and am overall displeased. It's okay, but I expected more. The fit was perfect, it came with the knobs pre-adjusted for our dashes. The backlight is blinding at night and I found it necessary to add an amp to get the sound where I wanted it. The cd player works good but the cd sound has lower volume, less internal amplification I suspect, than the radio or aux input. Worst part is the blinding backlighting I suppose....

I have the Custom Auto Sound USA 630. Bought mine through my local audio dealer. I like it. I have read bad reviews about the 630. But I like it and I would buy another if I had to.