Rally Wheels

Hi Justin, Nice looking Monte by the way !!   Bolt pattern is  4 3/4" B.C.  I have Vintage Vintiques on mine . 15"x8" on rear with a 5" backspacing. reason being I can fit a 275/60/15 without scrubbing sidewall. 15"x7" on front std spacing  235/60/15 tires.  I think they are 4 1/4" backspacing.  most 15"x8" are 4 1/4" backspacing. I just another pair of the  15x8 wheels form Jeg's.post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

Edited by 420ponies
missed some info.

Hi Justin. I agree with 420ponies. I also have the wheel vintiques wheels. Only my back rims are 15x8 with 4.5 backspacing with a 275/60r15. Fits with no issues. If you decide on a 15x10 rally wheel then a 5" backspacing is a must. 

Personally, I would not buy a chrome rally wheels. You are so much better off with a painted rally wheel. Why. If the wheel ever starts looking shabby all you have to do is blast it and re paint it. Once a Chrome wheel rusts it is pretty much junk. A freind of mine bought the chrome style and the chrome did not hold up long at all. He could not hardly give them away. He then went with a painted original set. Wished he would have listened and not bought the chrome wheels.

• Like 1

We purchased four Vission "Vette Rally wheel style" in 15X8 size.  the bolt pattern is dual of 4 1/2 and 4 3/4 circle. The back space is 4 1/4  and the front space is 4 3/4. the center section of the rim is not the same as original 15X8 vette rallys by GM.  it will not take a original center cap from GM, how ever you could maybe beat the original cap in with a rubber hammer but it will not go all the way in and be crocked. The circle to hold the center cap is too small,, the Vission center cap is plastic and fit fine in Vission wheel. and after having them on a pick up for a year or more the plastic caps by vision do walk around the hole and move, but have never come off, so I guess they work ok..  Also the center section of the Vision rim is a little different from original GM by mounting the Vision center hub cap further outwards by about 3/8 to 1/2 inch outwards the hump where Vission cap rest on is higher or further to the outwards. so the center cap when mounted on wheel is not as far deep in the rim as original GM vette rallys.  The center section is made different and you can measure and see the difference.  the center hub caps seem to be the same height as GM and Vission when set side by side.

We also got the Vission trim rings with the wheels and work fine.  we found that the after market trim rings usually are just under 12 (11 3/4) inches on the inside opening and the originals are 12 1/8 or so.  I don't think they have the indent on the outside lip either as GM originals.  We have found that after market trim ring are generally under 12 inches open on the inside hole. and the only one we found that is over 12 1/8 I think was Golden Eagle, if they still make them.

We also found that after market trim rings have different style valve stem holes and are located in different areas of the width of the trim ring.  So getting original GM wheel and original trim ring is a good idea..   Or if getting after market wheel from any brand it would be a good idea to get their trim ring also....  just to asure the valve stem hole in the right spot of the width of the ring..

Hope this helps

stano

'

We also have wheels of the rally style by Wheel Vintiques ,  and they take the original GM center cap just fine.  How ever I would get their trim rings for what ever wheel you get for the fitment of the valve stem hole.

thank you stano