Tach to clock conversion on a 71 Non-SS

jayzi

Hi guys. There are "Clock To Tach Conversions" available everywhere (e.g. eBay) but it seems to be that these are only compatible with 454 SS models. I have an L48 350 and would like to replace the clock with a tach. Any idea how to do it? Is it even possible? Don't wanna replace the whole dash.

When they talk about SS dash, they mean Chevelle. All of our Montes came with the round gauge dash that only the SS Chevelles had. Non SS Chevelles got a plain looking dash usually called a sweep dash. You can just replace the clock using any of the vendors.

I have a question about the in dash tachs. I purchased a new one but after I received it I was told it would not work with my HMI distributor. Is there a way to make it work or am I just stuck with a new tach. Thanks

If you look at the post from Jayzi earlier, he shows a link to Shiftworks with the wiring instructions. Its the Green wire from the tach to the Negative terminal of the coil or to the specified connector on the HEI distributor.