Dash replacement

Rock

This one? I think one hole attaches it to the back of the gauge pod and the other attaches to the metal frame of the plastic dash assembly. Here is a picture. 71 No A/C with fact gauge package.

HL Switch ground strap pic

Bunch more pictures if they help.

heater core snowball

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20131203_210902_zps5d3d727c.jpg

So this straps to the backside of the pod or does it strap to the metal of the car? I knew I should of took a pic before I pulled the old one apart!!lol

20131203_205823_zps81df6300.jpg

I think I remember it attaching to the pod AND to the metal frame of the dash. There is a ground wire that attaches to the parking brake (see link) assembly. It's been 5 years, can't remember for sure but it should just fall into place, either it fits or it won't.

parking brake dash ground screw

I think I remember it attaching to the pod AND to the metal frame of the dash. There is a ground wire that attaches to the parking brake (see link) assembly. It's been 5 years, can't remember for sure but it should just fall into place, either it fits or it won't.

parking brake dash ground screw

Thanks for the help....

1234_zps380b23c9.jpg

1456678_10202674066161903_1994589835_n_z

545873_10202674060241755_128676769_n_zps

1234_zps380b23c9.jpg

1496703_428474217280776_487028773_n_zps6

We finally were able to install the dash after hours of trouble shooting a problem with the dash lights. When we first tested the new dash we had all kinds of weird problems like the dash lights coming on when we opened the doors and figured that out to be an open ground. Then when that was fixed we still had no lights. We finally got out the wiring diagram and chased the problem down to an open 4 amp fuse in the fuse box(the small fuse). We should of known something was up there cause there was a circuit breaker across that fuse when we began the job and was removed and me and my son both said"[you said a naughty!] is that for"? well apparently the guy who owned the car before me had a short ckt and added this 30 amp breaker to get the guages lights to work......good thing we didn't have a fire driving from Colorado to Minnesota!

Now everything is working correctly with the correct fuses and an added bonus is after doing all the rewiring the blower motor now works when it didn't work before. I still need to replace the dash cover and steering wheel. Those where just added to get an Idea what it will look like. It just amazes me the short cuts people will take and half a**ing things!!! This bypass on the fuse was a danger and can't believe it was done!!

Rant over!!