Spot weld cutter

Billu

Eastwood has some nice ones that are skip proof. Which ever way you go it is recommended that you use a cutting oil, or at least a good lubricant or you will go through them pretty quick.

Mike

a die grinder and a cut-off wheel work very well too, I use my die grinder more than spot weld drill bits

How do you work it Sam, do you try and cut in between the seams through the spot weld?

any auto body and paint shop will have spot weld cutting bits for a few dollars. I usually dill the center of the welds first with a small drill bit all the way through then use the spot weld bit to cut out the weld in the outer panel and it works great. just go slow with the cutter and let it do the work itself. ive done it this way for 20 years never using any lube.

If you use the spot weld cutter drill your pilot holes out first other wise it will do the run around on ya and don't break all your drill bits like I did so far 3 total so use the lube or you could do like I did steal one of my dads drill bits you could put the drill bit case back empty and he wouldn't notice rofl

The cutters are funny I can use 1 for 200 spot welds before it breaks a tooth then the next one will cut 6 welds and breaks , that's why I assume it's all in how you apply the pressure ,,,,,,, slow and easy let the tool do the work and the pilot holes are a must