Looking to replace radiator.

Rock

Mine measures 34 x 19 x 2. Is this a normal size for a 70?

Summit has them for special order and $500 for aluminum. What size can I use without any special modifications?

You should be able to contact vendor detailing Engine CI, with / without AC, Automatic or Manual and they should be able to provide you the direct fit radiator that works for your application.

The measurements you took may not be how they determine radiator dimensions so going by that, you wouldn't be able to match a replacement.

Call a Vendor and talk with them to confirm need.

Also, a direct fit is desired and that should be expressed as well. I bought my Aluminum radiator from AlumaTech and it not only fit perfectly but also was constructed to give the physical appearance of a factory radiator.

Doug

As I recollect, it was just over $500.00 for the radiator. Cant remember if it included shipping. US Manufactured using materials meeting strict standards and practices.

I spent some effort researching aluminum radiators and why the price disparities I found. The majority of the aluminum radiators are made outside the US where cheaper to make. I suspect materials standards may not be on par in most cases with those constructed in the US either.

If you are comfortable the one you have meets your requirements, not really any reason to repair / replace until that time comes. I do recommend a high quality aluminum replacement when the time comes.

Doug

As I recollect, it was just over $500.00 for the radiator. Cant remember if it included shipping. US Manufactured using materials meeting strict standards and practices.

I spent some effort researching aluminum radiators and why the price disparities I found. The majority of the aluminum radiators are made outside the US where cheaper to make. I suspect materials standards may not be on par in most cases with those constructed in the US either.

If you are comfortable the one you have meets your requirements, not really any reason to repair / replace until that time comes. I do recommend a high quality aluminum replacement when the time comes.

Doug

I think you are right about aluminum radiators. I have seen some for 140 and some up to 800. I know I don't want the cheapest but don't want to spend over $500. I think I will just take the time and clean and paint the one I have and spend the money on other things I need.

Thanks for the info. Never knew they had radiator paint....still on the fence what to do.....hate to put all this shiny stuff on the motor and have the radiator look like crap. Painting would be time consuming and may still look terrible. New aluminum would cost more than my budget allows. Decisions, decisions.

If I was to install an aluminum radiator I don't think I would paint it black I would want to see the aluminum not hide it. Personal preference here and I like to show off a little.

If I was to install an aluminum radiator I don't think I would paint it black I would want to see the aluminum not hide it. Personal preference here and I like to show off a little.

Yes Larry we have seen your pants! rofl

larry_1_zps6968adec.jpg

Rock, Glendia(my wife) is glad I do not have any pix of my purple, yellow and tan pants. She thru those away years ago. I had a vest made in Peru that was purple with black Llamas wove into it with a green and white thread running up and down every now and then. I was sure stylin back in those days. kicking In fact I think that vest is still in the closet in the back room. I will have to see if it is and post a pix of it. It really is a good looking vest if the moths have not ate it up. Now back to the subject of this thread radiator replacement.