Windshield trim

What is the best thing to use to get clear rtv silicone off my windshield trim, with out scratching?

Previous owner put all the way around the trim, outter edge and it's on the outside. Dont know if it was used for wind noise or just for the trim it self? Want to get it off but, no for sure what to use?

I suspect it was used to seal out moisture (leakage) in window channel. By removing sealer, you may be exposing it.

It would be in your best interest to investigate this further in case there was a leak by removing trim and inspecting channel for any suspicious condition.

Then you can also clean out that sealer and make any repair.

Doug

If it's not really heavy, you can use a dry terry cloth towel to rub it off. If that's not a good option, I'd try a buffing pad on an electric buffer. The heaviest areas can be carefully thinned out with a single edge razor blade.

Dan

Originally Posted By: Murphy
Get this stuff, I use it to clean a lot parts. It's great!

P4050194_zps79cbc28b.jpg

Must have a ventilated area, also!

Gotta love the 100% virgin solvent smile I like the no smoking sign right behind the ash tray rofl

Not smoking anymore! lol

Hey Murray open up that cleaner while smoking and you will be quitting real soon. kicking

Sounds like a good wife who only wants to keep her loving hubby around and healthy for a good long while.

Still have to love the irony of the photo though...