New Radio with a vintage look

Patrick Sheean

Hey all, back from Turkey and the radio I ordered from Vintage Radio was waiting for me.  Got it in, but put out my back, oh well these gray hairs really do mean something.  Anyway, thought it came out looking original (if it were an SS) but with the ability to stream music. 

post-1185-0-26669700-1414628318_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Scott it is good to be home. The radio came from Vintage Radio. What I liked was when I called the owner answered my call and and talked to me. Yes the price is right around five and a half. They build it after you order it. It took about six weeks to get it. Yup that is a Benz in the background. It is a very clean '77 450SL. The amazing part about it is it rides like a Mercedes

The MP3 jack is in the rear of the unit. I have mine coiled up in the ash tray so it is hidden when not in use. I just lay my player on the seat when driving. They also make a blue tooth unit that plugs into the aux jack so you can stream without any cables. And if you like talking on the phone through your sound system so everyone within a block of your car can hear every word of your conversation, you can do that too.

One problem I had was the previous owner had an aftermarket deck installed and cut the back where the shafts go through. They are one inch in diameter so I used 3/4" PVC pipe and a cap. Shaved it to fit and glued it in place, it worked just fine. The unit has good power, but if it is not enough it has RCA plugs for an external amp. Thanks for the kind responses.

Looks great!

Do you, or can you send your old OEM radio to them for the reconstruction (at a reduced price) or is it all new?

Bruce

Looks good, I just don't like the price tag LOL

Identical to an Original AM/FM, they also make Wonder Bar Radios for the 57 Chevys, fully modern and identical to original.

It was pricey but it looks right and does what I want it to do, so it was worth it to me. Bruce you would have to call the number above. Mine had an aftermarket stereo. The old install was horrible. They cut the openings for the shafts for volume and tuner, plus they did not secure the front speaker on the driver's side so the magnet on the speaker pulled itself into the back of the instrument panel and over time shorted the circuit board. I purchased a new circuit board from Leo as well as new speaker brackets.

The owner spent a good amount of time on the phone with me, he's a great guy to work with. Maybe he would be open to a club discount?