70 reproduction dash

V8Freak

So just a question on the new dashes you can buy, if anyone has bought them how do you find the fitment? I'm stuck on gettin a used dash that is in ok shape but needs some tlc for 300 or buying a brand new one for 320, I know nothing fits like an original but I also don't wanna spend hours repainting Chrome and the dash itself whereas the new one in sure looks great and been told it looks good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I just got done with a new Dynacorn dash

if I was to do it again....

I would use a factory dash, nothing fit correctly, and I mean NOTHING, well except for the ash tray, that went in without issue

monte dash 1.JPG

I just installed a reproduction dash I ordered from The Parts Place. No issues with fit and it looks great. The only knock I have on it would be the material seems more flimsy than my original dash requiring more care during assembly and installation. I know they are weak in the center, but the new one was definitely not as solid as the original and required a second person for installation

What brand does the parts place offer? I'm really up in the air about what I want too do lol. Even the originals are weak near the globe box. I broke my original, bought a parts car with a nice dash, had it out putting pieces back together came in last no day too work and it was in 2 pieces. I actually had too take the rest of the day off work I was so angry. Both broke near globe box

I don't know the name of their vendor. It did arrive quickly, packaged well, and intact.... shipped from the Parts Place. I still have the box and am going to store the original in it. Let me go and look over the documentation and see if I can ascertain who the vendor is/was.

$300 is high for an original dash, unless it doesn't have holes in it for woodgrain. I lucked up on one in a junkyard just recently like that.

Otherwise I think $150-200 for a good original used dash with good radio holes is plenty, but you can tack on another $125-150 UPS shipping/packing.

I was unable to determine who the vendor is regarding the Parts Place. Mine came with the chrome trim vice painted and I am very happy with it. If you pm me and I can figure out how to get pm's with the new format I can send you pics from my phone of the installed dash and let you decide.

PM's can be found under your name at the top right of the page(on my screen it is a red bar). Click on the little dart next to your name and a drop down menu appears with several different options for you.

Leo at Koniks klassiks has the used one and can get me the new dynacore one for 325, he's in Michigan and I'm in Kitchener Ontario takes me about 2.5 hours too get too his front door, he just advised that he heard the reproduction ones can be a real treat too fit

I added a new reproduction and it fit fairly well. It did need a little coaxing but wasn't to bad. I think a nice warm day would work better than a winter day when I did mine.

1456678_10202674066161903_1994589835_n_z

20140208_165725_zpsimq04pts.jpg

20140413_141629_zps7d35b5f1.jpg

Not really sure who manufactured it. But it is from the PartsPlace. I know the guy who sells the gauges on ebay sells them also(sonnie24....IO think) I am real happy with mine. I bought repop cause I didnt want to use the woodgrain dash bezel and wanted the Chevelle look.

The dash pad i got fron Sonnie24 on ebay....he sells the best ones and they fit nicely.

If you got yours from The Parts Place it should have the two slots for the woodgrain tabs close to the heater controls. There is no slot for the tab that goes near the drivers vent. That is the only place you need to glue as the dash pad screws hold it pretty well elsewhere.

I like the wood grain so that's dwfinately something I will need too tackle, I have 2 dashes broke in half with all hardware so I should be good for guagea etc. Only thing I'll be doing is getting one of those retro looking CD players, I just don't want too spend forever trying too fit things and having too hack apart a new dash

I just seen Jim's car, and the woodgrain does not fit exact around like on an original, that is the main issue with a new dash. Also for people doing correct restoration especially in Chevelles and Elcaminos the Repop dashes are not correct for an absolute resto.

A monte dash with no holes in the woodgrain is what they need.

:k  Jared.... you are wrong! I used the worst woodgrain panel due to the lack of a seatbelt warning light in the new dash. It was either have it stick out like it does or have a huge rectangular hole in the woodgrain...... I chose sticking out over the funky hole.

The funny part about this is he is sitting next to me while I type this.