Interior color match issues

Monte123

Hello, I am having a heck of a time getting a paint code or something so I can paint the metal piece at the bottom of the back window that is the same color as the interior, my interior color is dark saddle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Leghome,I have brought in the piece on the pillar at the windshield, it was too curved. Took the glove box door in, the outside was too textured, the inside they weren't able to scan. Going to try the ashtray. Monte70car, thank you for the code. I will see if it helps. I may be dealing with the wrong company if I can't get this done, lol

Having the paint code is a good thing if you are going to do all of the interior. Over the past 41 to 45 years the original paint has faded so your best bet is if they can get a reading from an existing part and match it that way.

Rob

The Duponnt/Xalta automotive paint store I used to work at has a gal that can take the paint code, mix the paint then tint it ti match what you bring in. She is almost as good as here mother was. We still tried to scan the part but sometimes we just had to take the sample book and find something  close for her to tint.

Thanks again. I am new to the club and the boards, why are there limits to positive feedback ?

I am not sure what you are referring to.  I am not aware there would be any limits to something like this.

Rob

• 5 months later...

My 72 I am restoring had a green grey interior, there is no factory matching carpet or headliner made by anyone , the seats are actually grey, and the door interior and center console , all grey , the dash is grey with a green top, rear shelf was a greyish green , but the only one made now is green , had to get a different carpet to match , (69 chevelle color) and I bought a white headliner to dye it a Lexus interior color to match the factory one that was bad. A real pain in the butt! But it's looking nice ..... Had to hunt a whole bunch!!!!

• Like 1

I think the Rinshed-Mason formula is 170B730. That's what the paint chart for 1970 shows. You can have someone mix up a little and check it.

Dan

Thanks for all the help, the paint supplier for the guy that painted the car was able to mix up something real close, now to get the glove box to match the dash, lol