Rocker arms

GatorDog72

I'm building a chevy 355 for my daily driver and wanted to use stamped, non-roller rockers. Is there a special way to measure the length of the push rods? I have done it before with roller rockers, never had to with the stamped type. Is it the same procedure? I would love to go with roller rockers, but I don't know of any that will fit under stock valve covers for sure.

I don't know that there is a truly accurate way to determine the rotation c/l of the ball socket of a stamped steel rocker arm.

I believe this is your question, yes?  I've wondered the same thing.

Easy enough on a roller "tip", but not so much at the ball socket.  Without the rotation C/L of the ball socket it's a little difficult to find 90 degrees to the valve like the video shows.

Will the stamped tip leave a consistent mark on the valve stem through a full lift cycle? If so, could you adjust pushrod length for the thinest mark, or centermost mark, kinda like the old fashioned way? I don't know if this will work on stamped arms though.

I wish I had an answer for you. Hopefully, someone else has an idea.

I've heard that the Comp Ultra Pro Magnum roller rockers are a low profile, but not sure they will clear stock covers...maybe worth a call to comp.

Good Luck.

Scott