Heater panel light?

Rock

I was checking out my dash and noticed my heater panel barely lights up. The bulb is good just pretty dull. Would adding a 1445 LED bulb help illuminate the panel? Can someone post a pic of their heater panel with the incandescent bulb?

image_zpsjofnjel7.jpeg

It looks like your "Tach" is also dim. I am not near my 70 right now but if I was I would gladly post pictures.

rob

Glen. I would like to brighten up my gage cluster. Is that bulb preset number what everyone uses. I'm getting to replace my speedometer and while I have the dash apart would like to change out the bulbs in the dash to brighter ones.

The dash cluster bulbs are different than the heater panel Tony, and yes Rob, the tach is minus one bulb and I don't know why but no matter which way I turn the LED it won't light up. It may have a bad trace. It is still better than what I had before.

if you stay with a incandescent bulb for the heater, be careful of going to a bigger bulb, I melted the black background in mine trying that, I would recommend trying a LED 

image_zpsqct0mj0s.jpegimage_zpslk84n5vo.jpeg

image_zpsyff7ibwp.jpeg

image_zpsfu6soiko.jpeg

Got my LED in today. They came in a package of 2. I have to say this is extremely night and day....pun intended. You can see the difference in the incadecent bulb and the LED.

• Like 1

It is a little whiter than the gauges but luckily they also come in green tint to.....if you have a 70 like me. They are the best year! ;)

That is a great difference!

What LEDs do you buy?

I think it's time I do my 71

I posted the link up a few spots. They are a little on the pricey side but man are they bright.

• 2 weeks later...

image_zpsylw0m2jn.jpeg

I felt the shifter panel was a little to bright so I bought some softer LED for that since it takes 2 bulbs...I like it much better.