Radiator replacement?

71MonteCarloMD

I was going to have my original radiator rebuilt as it cost more than new one so I am looking for new one as theres lot of options as I am looking for equivalent replacement for daily driver.

I searched forum and didnt find much info, any recommendations for my '71 350 4bbl (originally 2bbl) and what I should look out for?

I dont plan to tow anything, should I look into separate transmission cooler as well?

Rick

My original NO A/C rad was replaced (over 20 years ago) with a rad for my car as if it did have A/C. I can't remember for sure, I think the original was a 2 core and now I have a 3 core. The overflow tube is slightly off but still OK. The trans cooling lines were off slightly but fit OK. I got it from the local auto parts store, Murray's then I think. I still have the OEM rad in the basement.

Bruce

Thanks guys - I explored more on this and I am not sure what "heavy duty cooling" is and how do I know if I have it?

BTW - my '71 is non-AC and plan to keep the original fan shroud and fan, would the Summit one fit?

Would any radiator from local shop like NAPA, Advanced Auto, etc have good quality ones?

I have the small radiator. 20 3/4 inches with 3 bolt top cover and no A/C. It gets HOT in Georgia and I had a 3 row core installed and have no issues at all. Even idling in traffic in 95 + temps.