CD2 Washer Monitor Float

OK, now that most us who have said we would like one of these have sent in their payment I have some questions.

1)  I had read ages ago that the Wash Reservoir is the same with or without the wash monitor but you would have to cut your own hole into the new reservoir.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Either that or does anyone know where a monitor bottle can be purchased?

2)  How is the wash monitor assemblyed mount into the bottle?  Also, how do you remove the monitor assembly from the bottle without damaging it?

3)  Once the monitor assembly is removed, what do we remove from the monitor to replace the new part we are buying.  In other words, how is the old part removed without damaging the rest of the monitor and when we install the new part, what holds it into the the existing monitor assembly.

4)  Once the new part is installed onto the monitor assembly what holds the monitor assembly into the bottle.  

I have noticed in the past that the monitor portion of the system is loose in the bottle and I can spin it part of the way around in the bottle opening but I was always afraid to try to remove it for fear I would break something.

rob

All GM bottles have a center punch mark on them and I believe it is a 3/4" hole. Don't know if repop ones have it.

Yes that tube does come out but be real careful. Spray it with WD 40 and a slight pry with a plastic 2017 pry bar. Don't use a screw driver.

I can't remember the answer of 3 and 4.

Carl 

As already said, the containers are the same except for the hole.

If I remember correctly, all of the parts come apart by "GENTLY" yet "FIRMLY" pulling them apart.  Don't use any tools and be careful.  They are held in by ridges, grooves, and tabs.  Oil is a good idea before attempting to pull them apart.  The only exception to this rule is the bulb socket.  That turns to come out.

Once I get mine I will let you know if I encounter anything different in the procedure.

Thanks!!
Mike

I received my floats in the mail yesterday and they look pretty good.  I may get to install one this weekend and I will let you know how it goes.

Did anyone else get theirs yet?  What do you think?

Thanks!!
Mike

I received mine as well, it looks pretty good. I'm going to tackle the venture this weekend, dismantle, compare, clean, put back together and see the results. Thanks for sharing the contact, Mike.

I sent my payment by Snail Mail and paid by check so mine may be delayed till my check clears. I am looking forward to seeing how things go with others and their tips and comments from doing theirs.

rob

Well I managed to install my first CD2 float this morning.  I tested it before installing and the float height and overall length seemed to be perfect so I was happy with the float.  However, I did have some trouble getting the monitor unit out of the washer tank.  I oiled it first and tried to pull up on it carefully but did not have any success.  I guess the plastic hardened a bit over the year.  I finally resorted to a large flat screwdriver to work on prying it out.  I figured I would rather damage the tank then the float mechanism.  I can always replaced the tank.  I turned it as I pried with the screwdriver and took my time and it eventually came out.  I cleaned everything before putting it back together and it is now showing green as it should.

Good luck with yours!!

Mike

I didn't receive mine yet. I will up date when I do.

Question to Mike.  When you tested the float was it with you wipers running. Mine I remember only worked when the wipers were on.

Carl