interior color change

So I am changing everything that is green on the interior to blue. The car was originally green when I bought it. I changed the exterior color many years ago. Just replaced the carpet and the seat belts. Had the seats redone last winter. Custom covers were installed and I couldn't be happier with difference. I will update with more when it happens. The pictures don't have the kick panels installed because I still need to paint them. I plan on replacing the dash and painting the dash pad. I still need to change the color of the steering column. Not sure quite how I am going to do that but it will happen. I have the carpet replacements for the door panels as well. That maybe next weekends project. 

IMG_20200405_153415044_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200405_153438739_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

I switched my interior to blue a long time ago. SEM products, properly applied, work very well for changing the plastic and vinyl stuff.

DSCF1033.JPG

The SEM products can not be mixed that I know of but they do have a good selection in their color charts. I have used a lot of SEM products and have yet to have a complaint on any of them. A lot of times a Automotive paint store can make a match to what you have but you need to take in a piece that is larger than a business card in good shape and the color that you want. We have a device we call a camera that will scan the piece you  bring in and get a close match. One of our gals where I work is really good at tinting something close to be a perfect match.

19 minutes ago, Stamminator said:

Good info and pics.  I, too, plan to change interior colors - from green to black.

Hi Jeff,

I see this was your first post here on the FGMCC message boards.  Welcome to the club as one of our newest dues paying members of the club.  We look forward to hearing about your Monte and seeing some pictures.

rob

Hey Tom, Car looks fantastic!!!   I just used it on some of my stuff and it looks great. The SEM color that I used was (15013 landau black).  Also on the pre spray do NOT spray it on anything directly, spray it on a cloth and then clean.   

Thanks for the advice. I plan on doing a test piece to see how everything goes. I also checked out the SEM paint selections. I think i am going to go with Shadow Blue for the trim. Its a darker blue and it think it would look good against the other colors. 

YOUR THE MAN...i just ordered two cans from amazon. There was two kinds.  the kind i ordered was 38363 ( SEM sand free) I appreciate your offer though. 

• Like 1

Shadow blue is the color I used for my plastic and dash. It will look great. Order more than you need because eventually it will need touch up and you want to be sure to have the same lot number of paint so it will match perfectly later on.

The pic I posted above was taken when I was mocking up the console install. Note the console color, shadow blue, and the seat back color, also shadow blue. Also, those head rests are shadow blue as well.

This one gives a glimpse of the dash. If you need me to I can go out and take some better ones, maybe tomorrow morning.

DSCF1094.JPG

Well that is just perfect. That is just what I was looking for. Your seats look amazing.  I notice that you are using the kick panels with the speakers molded in. How do you like those. I was considering them myself

I would advise against the kick panel speakers in favor of the dash speakers. In the kick panel you really cannot hear them, but it very well could be the terrible stereo I had before. I am also running a 4 channel amp, but that doesn't seem to help. Your legs vibrate, but otherwise not much sound comes from the kick panel area. If I had to do it all over again I would mount speakers in the dash like the factory did.

Well ok then. I'm glad I didn't go that way then. I figured the speaker size would be better in the panel. The dash speakers I have don't seem to do much compared to the rear. I am using the USA radio with the pre outs to an amp. I plan on switching to a four channel amp to see if that helps. The system works really well as is. Always looking to get better.

So changing the door panel carpets where actually easier then i thought it would be. Time consuming and it makes a mess but it was worth it. I think the blue and the sandelwood are a great combination. I would recommend replacement to anyone that is thinking about it

IMG_20200412_113304228.jpg

IMG_20200412_151526674_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200412_142216223_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200412_113250893.jpg

IMG_20200412_122519960.jpg

• Like 1