Rear wheels ???

NazztyMonte

With out being sarcastic...yes, they will fit but they will be sticking out of the wheel well and when you lower the car the wheel lip will be sitting on top of the tire. With that b.s. no chance... frown

Bill

The inside demensions of a Chevelles wheel well are the same. Both cars have exactly the same inner well. The outter well is only different at the opening which may make it appear that it has more space but it really doesn't.

I've modified the Chevelle outter to fit the Monte because they don't offer a reproduction of the Montes.

Steve

Guest Evil Austin
if you cut to much of the "lip" off, you will also cut off the spot welds that hold the quarter panel to the inner fender eek

Finally got my cutting wheel out today, found the spot welds, taped them off and started cutting. Depending on the area it was 1/4" to 3/8" material safely cut, in my eyes.

DSC01384.jpg

-EA

An actual picture of someone doing the infamous wheel lip surgery... eeklol

I used a small grinding wheel and air tool...you are quite brave with that big electrc grinder... cool

Bill

Guest Evil Austin

Slow and easy, tape off well, and a big giant grinder works !

-EA

Add: So what are you all doing for clearancing in the front at the inner fender and mounting pointe at the fender when using the bigger tires?

Guest Evil Austin

Here is the finished result of my clearancing the rear fender lip for the tires:

Left Rear:

DSC01388.jpg

Left Rear again:

DSC01387.jpg

Right Rear:

DSC01390.jpg

Right Rear again:

DSC01389.jpg