Trans cooler

Reaper

Just curious what tranny cooler you street strip guys are running.... I need to get a better one.... Is it worth the extra money to get one with a fan if Im gonna mount it on the radiator and I have electric fans mounted to the radiator?

Thanks guys smile

Tom

I agree with Sam, the stacked plate style coolers are much more durable, and I have run one for 10+ years now and no cooling problems or issues ever.

I use a tube & fin "Hayden" cooler.. off my local parts store shelf for $30. it's not as fancy as those stacked plate coolers, but I believe it's enough for what I'm doing. (2500 rpm stall) i also have it wired in-series with my factory cooler for good measure... t his turned out to be wise. .my old cooler sprung a leak at the drag strip.. i simply removed the extra one from the circuit and left the stock one plumbed in :>

mine too is mounted to the front of the rad. best place for them. eventually, it will be infront of the AC condensor core once I put one back in :>

transcooler.jpg

I have a Perma-Cool one with a fan, it's mounted in front of the radiator. The fan is rated at 1,100 cfm and will keep your tranny cool no problem. I have the fan as a pusher instead of a puller because I didn't want it too close to my radiator. Here's a link...Click Here

Bill

img0250ih0.jpg

img0812bm8.jpg

I use a tube & fin "Hayden" cooler.. off my local parts store shelf for $30. it's not as fancy as those stacked plate coolers, but I believe it's enough for what I'm doing. (2500 rpm stall) i also have it wired in-series with my factory cooler for good measure... t his turned out to be wise. .my old cooler sprung a leak at the drag strip.. i simply removed the extra one from the circuit and left the stock one plumbed in :>

mine too is mounted to the front of the rad. best place for them. eventually, it will be infront of the AC condensor core once I put one back in :>

transcooler.jpg

I have ran one like this for 15+yrs and have never had an issue with heat in my trannies.I had a 4200 convertor with my SmallBlock and the car seen alot of street driving,I now have a 5200 convertor and still no issues with heat and its mounted pretty much like Kc has his mounted

Well hell maybe Ill just keep the one I have for now then.... I have a Summit one right now that is 17k GVW and 14x7x1 1/2..... I need to get a temp gauge hooked up!

yeow!!! 5200 rpm stall?????

wow. heh.

i dont' have a trans temp.. need to get one.. i'm gonna check with my trans shop first.. make sure he won't have problem with me taking the pan off :> this trans cost me $1200. I'm in no hurry to mess up the warranty!

i put a trans temp in my pan by taking out the plug to drain the fuild, jacked the car up a lil on the drivers side and didnt lose any trans fuild. my temp for the trans hasnt got any hotter then 150 degrees and i have it going into the radiator then to a extanal trans cooler, which catches some air thats pulled though when the elec. fans come on.