Clearwater Fl

71SSclone

• 1 month later...

I'm in Plant City. Great area but I've been fighting city hall for 3 years to get a variance to build a garage beside my house. If you move here try to stay out of the cities. Here's the issue I live on what they consider a "corner lot" in the historic district. By corner there is a single car wide poorly maintained alley between me and the two neighbors on it. By being a "corner lot" not only do they want a 10 foot easement but another 15ft from that before you can build; that's 10 feet from my house. I only have a 15 foot wide back yard so no room there. I finally had to hire an attorney and he is getting frustrated with them now. Both neighbors have given me signed affidavits that they are more than OK with this (did I mention the guy behind me is rebuilding his first car (a Toyota 4X4) and the guy across the alley has a turtleback t body on an A chassis with a flathead 8 plus two other 1930's and 40's era cars in the back of his garage?). The city even verbally agreed to a smaller footprint so I reluctantly agreed but then they backed out of that. Of course there are developers violating all kinds of rules within 2 houses of me. I think me asking who they paid off so I could pay them off too may have had a negative affect on me LOL. 

One thing here there is a great car culture, year round cruises and shows, in fact we have a monthly one in Downtown Plant City called the Strawberry Classic Cruise in. Only 1996 and earlier cars can compete for awards but they allow any year / make / or model. We occasionally even bring the wife's highly modified 18 Camaro SS with our Modl A and  / or Monte.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bad Wolf racing said:

One thing here there is a great car culture, year round cruises and shows,

That one made me laugh 🤣 I don't know what comedy skit this is from ....Maybe good morning Vietnam... How cold is it ? DAMN COLD ! 

I'm south of you and was at the track a couple of weekends ago, it was DAMN COLD 🤣 Had my hoodie and a jacket on ......