Theres one born every minute!

Jake

The saying goes "There's a sucker born every minute". This time it was me!

My daily evening routine is to look through the new post on the FGMCC site, then spend time on YouTube checking out videos. In November and December of 2021, the adds with the videos were showing a very neat V8 engine, all metal model kit. All the parts were metal and individually packed in foam in a nice case. The video showed the pistons, connecting rods, timing chain, cam, crank, etc. all as individual pieces in a kit that you would build. It also had a battery powered starter motor that would spin the model engine over and there were cut-a-ways in the block so you could see all the parts move. All of this for only $39.99!!  It seamed like e cheap price but I figured that it was being produced in China and that is what they were selling it for. Well, after seeing the add probably over 100 times, I decided to make the purchase. If you bought 3 of the kits, the price would drop to $33.33 each for a grand total of $99.99! I made the purchase through PayPal on December 20,2021. 1 for me, 1 for my father and 1 for my uncle. I waited patiently.  I did receive a notification right away on the purchase,but then nothing for the next couple weeks. Right after New Years, I sent a message to the company and they replied that the package was shipping very soon and provided a tracking number. The package spent over 20 days in transit, going through customs in Chicago and was finally delivered to my house on February 3, 2022. I  was excited to open the package but the excitement didn't last for long. This is what I received!

Photo 1.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Photo 4.jpg

PHOTO 5.jpg

After the initial shock wore off, I went to the internet and did some checking. There were quite a few other people that feel for the same scam.Everyone had received the same"Junk" that I had. I went to my PayPal account and started a case with them about this purchase.I sent the company an email (through PayPal) and stated that I wanted a full refund of the $99.99 that I was owed since this item is in now way what I had purchased.They responded that because of Covid, the best they could do was to refund me 50% of the price. I replied that was unacceptable and I wanted the full purchase price refunded.They returned with the best they could do was 70% refund. I asked them why I should accept that when they clearly did not send me what I purchased!Their response was that it was difficult to refund any more without the return of their product also citing Covid as a reason.They offered 80% refund as the best they could do!I thought about it for a few days and finally told them that I would accept a refund of $90 US dollars. I would take it as a lesson that I should have checked out the company. better.I should have looked at the complaints for them. Yesterday I received a refund of $90 dollars into my PayPal account!

Anyone interested in purchasing a 4 cylinder clay paper weight??🙂

I have 3 available!

Brian

At least you received most of your money back , and learned a good lesson to boot... if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is..., was good advertising and persistent...

BTW,  don’t feel bad ,my wife bought me this little ,ahem, jewel as a Christmas kinda gift. To assemble.. 4 cylinder, runs on batteries, can see spark plug fire. Bla bla ect ect.. watch parts move supposedly, so I put it together on a cold rainy day and the darn crank is bent so much from the box it won’t even turn over.. but I thanked her for it and there it sits.. useless.. 🤣67E0FBE7-F651-4524-8CD2-2786D66C9FB2.thumb.jpeg.65b4b29dcdbc4fe15ef3d4fa49e932a2.jpeg

I think you were lucky to even get that.  I do hope you reported them to Paypal. 

At the start of the pandemic in 2020 we were told our local pools would not be opening so I orderd a 15 foot pool and filter so the grandkids would be able to come to our house and swim.  After about a month we contacted the company (also in china) and were told it would arrive in June.  June was still 3 months away.  In June I contacted them again and was told it had shipped a month before and was stuck in customs and they gave me a tracking number link and I kept tracking it (through a link they gave me) and finally one day the link indicated it had been delivered  but it was delivered in New Jersey and we live in Pennsylvania.  I went back onto amazon and did a search and found several unsatisfied custumer reply's with the exact  delivery responses and if I googled the address it was a vacant lot.  I was able to get my money back from Amazon when I provided them with my search.  The next day the company ads had been removed from Amazon

Since that amazon order I have never ordered anything from amazon UNLESS it states that it is shipped from and shipped by amazon.

rob

• Like 1

Jake, why didn't Paypal cover the entire purchase? I had an issue with a purchase from China years ago & paypal covered everything, including the initial & return shipping back to China for the defective item.

jft69z, I was wondering if PayPal would give me a total refund or what. I have never had an experience like this before. If I didn't settle with the company, I could have escalated it to PayPal. So would PayPal have refunded me the whole amount? Another learning experience I guess. That would make sense as to why they refunded me the $90 if PayPal would have taken the money back from them.

After I made the initial purchase, I received a lot of emails from the company with different items for sale. After I received the items, not 1 email since.

I am seeing a lot of adds on YouTube again for more merchandise.

VRSGS is the name of the company by the way. Hope I can say that on here .   

Brian,

The first indication that the company was trying to screw you around is when I would have escalated it to paypal. They clearly sent you junk, then tried to weasel out of it by bargaining how much of a percentage they were willing to refund you. No way. You clearly had a paper trail to document their deception, all you had to do is forward all of that to paypal and they'll take care of it. 

In my case, once I saw it was going bad, I made sure to word my correspondence with the vendor carefully. Paypal refunded me the price of the item, the shipping to get the item to me, and the cost of the shipping to return it back to them in China. It took a little time and aggravation because of the vendors deceptive practices, but paypal stepped right up to the plate and made it right.

I tried to work with the vendor initially, but after no luck I warned them I would just get paypal involved. They apparently thought they were smarter than them and said "Go ahead". It didn't work out so well for them 😁.

• Like 1