Upper Radiator Hose Plastic Securing Strap

24 minutes ago, TheBMan said:

I wonder if there are slight variations in hose manufacturing. The hose on my 72 sat in perfect position for the zip tie to wrap around the hose and push into the hole without the gap like yours; it was a perfectly snug fit. Here's a picture before I installed the zip tie (the only picture of the hose I could find). It looks like the hose sits a little more 'left' than yours.

If I tried to push my hose over to the left, it would kink a little near the radiator neck, so I just let it lay as it is. 

Even then, with my hose, that zip tie would be on the very last tooth to engage, and when the pressure builds up would not be ideal. I forget if it's a Gates or a Dayco hose.

• Like 1

I believe mine was a zip tie when I bought it (gawd that seems like forever ago 🤣) There have been one or two threads previous that discussed the unavailability of a correct replacement. I know I used a zip tie after the engine swap, moot point now that ive gone with the electric fan setup and ditched the fan shroud 🙃 

ZipTie.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking for something to use on mine too. Using a Velcro narrow strap now. Going to order the eBay ones . I think I can work with the length. If not I’ll try the amazon ones. Just like the look of the ones on eBay more..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I ordered the hose straps from eBay, as mentioned before, they were too long, so I cut it into about an inch back from the female end, melted the two pieces back together which made it shorter. Took a couple tries to get the right length but it worked real well, after snapping the two pieces together I still had enough slack for hose expansion.. and it fit down in the fan shroud perfectly.. 367E1163-B598-4665-B2AE-6FE56360BC4D.thumb.jpeg.0c76fa1f3ca794ccef5f711b09b388e8.jpeg07CB9138-3878-4C19-98EB-D772D7D45C28.thumb.jpeg.13ba5554140a9aaa3fb49455beb33fa4.jpeg847EE718-CFDC-4B23-8AFC-56F025FF465E.thumb.jpeg.1f98486b1757bd03114fa14c87e15cbe.jpeg112E2C6D-6FB9-49EB-A2F8-7B27AC7543E0.thumb.jpeg.e1ed1a5db309d684b84ce676e893e910.jpeg

• Like 4

I found one, bottom, don't remember where, but it is too short compared to the top broken one.

One of the members sold some years ago, and that is the top broken one.

I did drill a small hole and used a small nail to hold it together. Worked for awhile. 

IMG_0604.JPG