POWER BRAKE BOOSTER FRONT SEAL?

Hey All,

Been dealing with a leak from the Master Cylinder between Brake Booster.  Finally decided to replace Master Cylinder and when removed, also determined the Rubber Cup that fits between Master Cylinder and Brake Booster somewhat eroded and curious if I need to replace this Boot?  Pic's show where a small diameter piece that was once part of the Boot stayed in cavity when Boot removed.  Also outer diameter of Boot is/was stuck on Booster side per pic.

I'm really not sure what this Boot actually does other than prevent leakage?  I have searched for this On Line but so far no Joy!  Am I going to have to replace Brake Booster in order to get that Boot?  Any idea's on where I might come across one?  I believe a Factory Brake Booster...

Appreciate your insight. :2beers:

Doug 

100_7177 (2).JPG

100_7178 (2).JPG

100_7179 (2).JPG

100_7180 (2).JPG

100_7175 (2).JPG

100_7176 (2).JPG

23 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Maybe somewhere that rebuilds the boosters? I think that's a thing, pretty sure I've heard of that.

Call 'brakeboosters.com",  Mike Gibbons. They rebuild GM boosters, etc. Did one for me, real nice work. They may have what you need, or can steer you in a direction.

https://www.brakeboosters.com/

(805) 441-5390

• Like 1

This Cup looks to be a Dust Seal and not for pressure.  I believe I can simply reinstall deteriorated Cup and will provide necessary protection from dirt.  That is what I I think anyway.  I'm waiting on a couple return calls and possibly perusing a junk yard or two if I feel I really need this to see if a better used one exists.  Other option to replace Power Booster and considering a Cadmium one.  

Doug