Set-up Front suspension from scratch

Tmac

Got my frame back and ready to start putting the front suspension back on. Any advice for nominal settings for everything? I'm not sure of I should go back with the original settings I recorded, it was shot to put it mildly. 16740756819532636565041668162002.thumb.jpg.4ab7e0cb96f9893f1706cf71d669b4e5.jpg

• Like 2

Install the upper a-arm spacers to the locations they were removed. Excellent place to start. Everything else set for the front wheels to be straight. With the weight of the car on the ground you want a difference of about 1/8" from the inside of the front of the front tires as compared to the inside rear of the front tires. 

Should be close and you will be able to drive your restored ride to get a professional alignment. Keep the pics coming! 

Just like MC1of80 says, you can drive it to get aligned. I drove mine 60 miles to "the guy" open headers and all. No wear on new tires ( maybe the rear, burnouts on the way), but was just fine. Looks like the snowball effect happened to you too. Glad to see another coming back to the road !! gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

• Like 2

As they said, 1/8" toe in and 3+ degrees of positive caster. You also want -.25 to -1.5 degrees of camber.

After the car is on the road you can tune the alignment based on how it feels using this guide:

https://www.ridetech.com/tech/suspension-tuning-guide-high-performance-vehicles/

Depending on what your doing with your Monte, Bruce posted a great article and Cody a chart for high performance vehicles. Thank you both for sharing this info. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 420ponies said:

Just like MC1of80 says, you can drive it to get aligned. I drove mine 60 miles to "the guy" open headers and all. No wear on new tires ( maybe the rear, burnouts on the way), but was just fine. Looks like the snowball effect happened to you too. Glad to see another coming back to the road !! gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

I did get in deep and quickly!! Lol