Valve cover decal

Hey guys can anyone tell me if each plant had there own valve cover decal I can find Tonawanda,Flint, but my car was built in Van Nuys  or was all motors built in these two plants and shipped to all others thanks chuck 

Here's what I found based on my research:

The Tonawanda engine plant was in Buffalo, NY. It is my understanding a vast majority of the engines came from here.
For Canadian built cars many engines came from the McKinnon Industries plant in St. Catherine, Ontario.
It appears some engines were build in Flint but I'm not sure if any for our Montes came from there or not.

I'm not sure if the 2nd and 3rd plant above had their own decal but I will say I have only ever seen the Tonawanda decal.

See the link below for details

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/resources/decodingengine/

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong. All big blocks were built in Tonawanda and had the decal. I don’t think any small blocks did. 

Dennis, when I bought my 70 350 2brl was a low mileage car when I bought it over 20 years ago it had been pretty much untouched.  It dud have the Tonawanda sticker on the front passenger side valve  over.  I have seen several unrestored (survivor) small blocks furst gen Monte's with the Tonawanda sticker in the same location.

rob

46 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong. All big blocks were built in Tonawanda and had the decal. I don’t think any small blocks did. 

They built small and big blocks there and marine big blocks too. I'm not sure about the stickers someone put goodwrench valve covers on mine before I bought it.they also built the Vega motor there also they had one tore down in the test room when I was there. When my brother was there the year before they had a 350 come apart in the test room while they were there. I guess 6 grand for several hours was to much for that motor lol.