Chrome R/C mirror for pass side

Does anyone have any experience with purchase of repo pass side mirror that resembles  original driver R/C  Chrome mirror from Ausley Chevelle parts for Monte Carlo. I know base gasket is different from M/C to Chevelle.

Yes I believe mine came with two and if you use the wrong one it will look like this: P8230025.jpg.180d8e8c5204a02177785be2cec49b62.jpgP8230019.jpg.8e0a299f69a102d539bec700a5c50f7c.jpg

After several years the mirror will no longer stay in position and has become useless. Trying to see how I can fix it. Maybe if I spray some glue behind the mirror, adjust it, then let the glue dry???. 

By looking at the pic of gaskets I would use the one on the left. 

As far as loose and not holding an adjustment are you talking about the big chrome mirror I pictured earlier or the "standard" Chevelle style that does suck at holding an adjustment especially the older they are? 

45 minutes ago, Dtret said:

The initial post asked about remote also. Are any of yours remote?  The one I put on the 71 is not. 

Mine is not remote. I don't believe the mirror for the passenger side is made remote. The driver's side is remote. 

18 minutes ago, Jerry Skidmore said:

Yes Thomas that looks good, nice and level.  I guess the mirror comes with 2 gaskets for that purpose. Is mirror chrome plated plastic instead of pot metal?

Jerry, the mirror I pictured is the bigger, clunky pot metal mirror that matches the factory remote driver's side mirror.

The plastic aftermarket  mirrors are the standard Chevelle style mirrors and do loose their adjustments easily. 

My right aftermarket chrome mirror has been falling out of adjustment for some time now. Thanks to this message, I took the chrome head off (one screw) tried to remove the glass mirror but can't. I took some of my 3M Strip Calk, pushed about 6 strips under and behind the bottom of the mirror. I haven't gone for a ride yet but I feel good that is is now stationary!!

IMG-2220.JPG

Edited by stangeba
Spelling

Just took a 1 hour ride and the right mirror didn't move at all!

Now if it only had the (object is closer than it appears) mirror 😁

• Like 1