wiring getting hot

On my A/C switch behind radio the power wire and some of the fan switch are getting hot to touch.Already had a small fire there a year or so.Have changed blower motor and switch.And it still get hot so can;\'t run a/c.Haven't been able to work on it because of moving in the last year.But are getting back at it.Any sugesstion on what to do,Thanks.

Don,

Is the wiring original ?

It could be that the wire itself has deteriorated and can no longer carry the current. 

Might want to think about replacing/upgrading the wiring...... Just a thought.

Scott.

It is the master switch that get not real hot but you can feel it.It is the one that caught fire and the fan switch also ,Had to pour water on it to get fire out.Melted the upper a/c vent.The original wiring harness.I pulled it out when I did the frame off and rewrapped it but I guess it could ne too old like me.Almost to the point to change to a Vintage Air unit.Thanks for comments

Its a short somewhere. I would start by carefully inspecting the wires for evidence of a bare wire touching either a metal area or another wire. It could also be a faulty switch. Chasing electrical issues is never fun but on old cars its usually necessary. Good luck!