Center Console Cable Hole Location

I'm swapping the bench seat for bucket seats and the stock center console shifter on  my 71 Monte. I found a video of where the sheet metal bracket mounts in the back. I need to know where to drill the hole for the cable. Also all the mounting screws to the floor are sheet metal screws. My common sense tells me that I should use bolts and washers and nuts. Any advise would be greatly helpful.   Thanks  Wayne.

There is a dimple on the trans tunnel where to drill the cable hole. 

There are also brackets for the bucket seats that get welded to the floor. Here is a pic of my 4speed used floor with the 4speed hump, bucket seats and console brackets installed. 

IMG_20190209_170842.jpg

• Like 4

Frank, Thanks for those PDF files. Instructions are great. I don't have the dimples showing because my floor boards are coated , but I can see the the raised area for the cable to go thru . I'll start from there and work from there back. For the rear bracket I will have to mount it back farther. My mounting holes in the after market console must be different than original.  I will have to take the bucket seats that I put in back out to install, no big deal.  Thanks everyone have a great weekend.   Wayne.

Got the shifter mounted with the hole for the cable. Cable is hooked up to the shifter. Still need to hook up to transmission. For the rear sheet metal bracket, instead of screwing it with sheet metal screws, I'm going to put it in place and use JB Weld. I know this will work. All it does is support the glove compartment box at the back. I'm not a welder. I have used JB Weld for things that take a heavier load, even patched gas tanks. For the shifter I used heavier body bolts with finer threads so more threads in the floor than the ones that came with the kit.