A second build sheet

Wasn’t even looking for it. Noticed a piece of paper sticking through a drain hole in the right front fender just behind the inner fender. Took almost 2 hours to put together. This  covers the small amount missing from the first one. IMG_1379.thumb.jpeg.ae7e8f9e44a1323c53e8712baeb1aaff.jpeg

• Like 9

Very cool. That location seems to be one favored by the Leeds assembly people.  Bob mentioned (if I recall correctly) finding remnants of one in the same spot when the ‘71 was torn apart for the repaint.  Woulda sucked if it was the only one, but I’ve got 2 so I won’t complain. 

• Like 1

On my 71 the first one was found on the gas tank. It was in pretty good shape except for the section that contained the vin. It always leaves a bit of a question when you have a special car and build sheet but the vin is missing. During tear down I found a pile of paper crumbs under the back seat held in by the springs. I dug them all out and Karen, who likes to do puzzles, rebuilt 90 percent of it on top of a copy of the gas tank one. I found all my missing pieces of the original including the vin. Happy day. 

• Like 2

On mine i think i found it in the back of the front passenger seat. Mostly all there but rusty from the springs, but i only have the one, all others have been taken out from previous owners. Thank God its readable!!!  

Congrats Mark!!!

I have the left 1/4 of the build sheet on the gas tank and a zip lock bag full of pieces of the one in the drivers seat back; thanks to mice.

Pulled the fenders yesterday but no luck.

I have found them under the underlayment on floor, on top of the glove box, attached the door panels, in seats and taped to fenders.

• Like 1