Valance/Spolier pics

MADMAC

Here's a few shots of the valance I put on the car today. It fits pretty good but I had to do a little modification to the bracket since I took the hood release off the car since it's a lift off now. Can't wait to pick up my new grille (the picture shows how the center is bent in a little, and the grille support isn't on the car right now so it's sitting kinda funny) and no thats not dust on the hood; I've been sanding on it trying to get it ready for some primer. Almost forgot, I mounted the hood spear too.

valance003.jpg

valance002.jpg

valance001.jpg

Yeah Jake it's actually a functional air dam. I think I'm gonna go one step further and add on to the spoiler to really force air in through the radiator, still have to do more planning though. When I put the 454 in there and order the 1" lowering springs from Hotchkis I think it's gonna look cool.

And Allan it's the guy on Ebay Motors, Spoliers by Randy. Jakes' the one who gave me the link. Looks pretty nice and got here fast.

I like the look of a spoiler...are you gonna make the cowl hood functional if not it will act as a nice relief for the extra air that the scoop is picking up.

Bill

Tim, it doesn't mount to the bumper. It's after the bumper but before the radiator support.

And Bill I don't know if I'm going to make the hood functional yet. A couple of the fiberglass companies sell "air cleaner isolaton plates" It's and add on piece of glass that goes in the cowl, similar to what your composite hood has underneath.

It's funny you say that Scott, I was wondering after I get the new springs if I was gonna have clearance issues. It does sit a little lower in the front with spoiler and after the springs I know it's gonna start getting close... I've already been thinking about alternate routes I'm gonna have to take after I get her back on the road. nutz

We'll see... if I tear it off on an entrance to a driveway you can have it! Of course it'll probably be a little damaged after I rip it off the car and stomp on it a few times... mad

hrrm ok.. behind the bumper.. it was hard to tell from that pic :P~ I figured it was using the extra holes in the bottom of the bumper.

it might help with cooling then. .hard to say.

I'll post some pictures of the underside to show how and where it mounts.

And Jared the grille I'm getting is from Danny (FGMCC member White Knight)

I'll post some pictures of the underside to show how and where it mounts.

And Jared the grille I'm getting is from Danny (FGMCC member White Knight)

Oh you mean New as in a good used one. I misunderstood. blush