Spark Plug Heat Shields for ‘70 Big Block

Glen

JUST A NOTE TO ALL.

I RECEIVED AN EMAIL SUGGESTING WE KEEP AN EYE ON THIS STRING.

IN THE ABOVE MESSAGES SOME PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW ALL OF THE PARTICIPANTS VERY WELL MAY THINK THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CONFRONTATIONAL.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE AT ALL, IT IS A GROUP OF VERY GOOD FRIENDS.

PLEASE, note the many smiley faces in the thread and you may note that it isn't confrontational at all but just a bunch of guys having fun poking jabs at each other.

rob

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

PLEASE, note the many smiley faces in the thread and you may note that it isn't confrontational at all but just a bunch of guys having fun poking jabs at each other.

rob

edited since you stopped using caps Rob 🙃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

JUST A NOTE TO ALL.

I RECEIVED AN EMAIL SUGGESTING WE KEEP AN EYE ON THIS STRING.

IN THE ABOVE MESSAGES SOME PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW ALL OF THE PARTICIPANTS VERY WELL MAY THINK THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CONFRONTATIONAL.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE AT ALL, IT IS A GROUP OF VERY GOOD FRIENDS.

rob

Funny you mention this, Rob. I also received an email expressing concern over this thread. 

Being naturally suspicious, I “called in a favor” with the fellas at the Cybercrime Unit. Seems the IP address associated with the originating server belongs to a “Tennis Dretter”.

Things that make you go 🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2023 at 6:07 PM, Glen said:

Looking for confirmation either way whether the ‘70 SS’s / Big Blocks came with the plug heat shields. My ‘71 DOES have them, ‘70 currently does NOT.  

Joe was kind enough to hit pause on his Columbus Day festivities to check his library, but literature he found showed just the small blocks having them.  

Dennis chimed in, but his contribution to my question devolved into name calling, belittling and the typical bullying for which he’s famous. I truly believe he finds great pleasure in non-answers and non-sensical blather at my expense.  Must be residual effects from various head injuries he’s sustained. 

But I digress… heat shields as OE on ‘70 big blocks. Yes or no?

I dont think they were ever used on Montes .

Corvettes had them on big blocks.

• Thank You! 1