Trim for arm rest base.

I had some stainless trim from the interior 1/4 panels from a deluxe interior 69 Camaro that I cut and put in the recessed portion of my armrest bases. I later found that OPGI has a listing for a trim that they claim was used on some Monte Carlos. I’m satisfied with what I came up with, so I’m not going to change it. It is similar to the trim on the sides of my console. Besides it’s probably another  backorder item with them anyway. I’ve never seen any trim on the bases before. Does anyone have it? Was it part of a special trim option? IMG_1446.thumb.jpeg.898571a8f89521fb8a4cb97a7b166557.jpeg

• Like 2

Would have never noticed had I not read your post. My ‘70 did NOT have them from the factory. The ones I bought (from OPGI, if memory serves me correctly) when I redid the interior have the trim.  Before and after pix…

B0CC2B36-0C95-4833-B215-C17E2A1C0396.png

9AE475A0-809C-413A-BC6D-25C46221F256.png

• Like 2

That trim is not a Chevrolet part that was used on a first gen Monte Carlo. It's just another part that OPGI likes to push to make money. They have others too. 

Dan

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Searsman said:

I kinda like the look, although it wasn’t original equipment..

Well Ron, take more points off for originality and go for it 🤣 I'll agree tho, I like the look 

• Like 1

IMG_9093.thumb.jpeg.0adf2735b8fd58d6d524aaee2955ff4a.jpeg

On 11/5/2023 at 10:23 AM, DragCat said:

Well Ron, take more points off for originality and go for it 🤣 I'll agree tho, I like the look 

On 11/5/2023 at 10:23 AM, DragCat said:

Already did :). 😄

• Haha 1