First drive for my Grandson

stangeba

It's Thanksgiving 2023 and our family is all here for dinner. My oldest Grandson has his learners permit so I let him drive my 71 Monte Carlo. We had a beautiful day here in Michigan so I went to start the Monte and the battery went dead. I attached jumper cables to it and it started right up. I see that it is charging so I backed it out of the garage and let Evan take over. He drove me all over the area for almost a hour. We had a great time. Evan said the steering is a bit loose and the brakes require more pressure to stop the car than he is used to. This was such a great thing for us remembering back to when we drove him to the Woodward Dream Cruise every summer. Picture from 2009 when he was very young and now: 

Evan in Monte.jpg

IMG_5366.JPG

• Like 16

Great story and photos, Bruce! Grandchildren are a real blessing but they grow up too fast!  Unfortunately, none of mine have shown any interest in driving my 4 speed Monte. ☹️ We're working on great grandchildren now - two already and one on the way. 

• Like 5

great story Bruce, 

Reminds me that all of our four children learned to drive in our Monte Carlo.

The older two I let drive on an old empty stretch of Route 66 near Clinton Oklahoma… Veronica was 12 and Deanna was 11.  It's a memory they will never forget. 

4 hours ago, MCfan said:

Great story and photos, Bruce! Grandchildren are a real blessing but they grow up too fast!  Unfortunately, none of mine have shown any interest in driving my 4 speed Monte. ☹️ We're working on great grandchildren now - two already and one on the way. 

Can I be your grandson, I'd like to drive your 4 speed. I just had my first grand daughter.   A true blessing. 

• Like 6