Very minor touch up paint

Depending on how bad the scratch/chip is, there is a powder compound that you can get that buffs into the existing paint. 

An auto body friend of mine uses it to polish up minor scuffs on newer cars..... I'm not sure if it's paint specific though. 

Did a scan on my 71 paint and found out the mixture and the proper name of the white that it is. Taken by a local automotive paint supplier a few years ago. Just had them remake a can that I can put in my sprayer. Also they can put the same mixture in a rattle can if you like.. Rattle can typically has to be used within 24 hours after activation.. make sure you use a clear coat that is compatible with the brand, type, of paint.. Ron…

• Like 4

Also they can put the same mixture in a rattle can if you like.. Rattle can typically has to be used within 24 hours after activation.. make sure you use a clear coat that is compatible with the brand, type, of paint.. Ron…

We mix rattle cans at the paint store I work at and they last for at least a year is a base coat ready to spray format. The clear coat does take an activator and will only last a few hours before it sets up in your gun or mixing cup. We also have a paint that has to have a hardener added to it that does not require a clear coat and it only last a short while like the clear coat. I have some base coat here in my garage that was mixed then years ago and it is still a viable product.

• Like 1