Frame welding

Dtret

I bought a 70( yes the joke in the for sale section) and a 72 from the same guy. I haven’t really looked at the 72 frame but it was hit pretty good, pass front. The horns were cut off that I know. What are the thoughts on welding frames together around the double front body mounts???  Just a thought I had. 

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I bought a 70( yes the joke in the for sale section) and a 72 from the same guy. I haven’t really looked at the 72 frame but it was hit pretty good, pass front. The horns were cut off that I know. What are the thoughts on welding frames together around the double front body mounts???  Just a thought I had. 

Absolutely. Obviously take measurements and not only double check them, quadruple check. Then weld. Lol

Preliminary cut just to get rid of the garbage. lol. I’m just playing with this by the way. Most likely not going to happen. Seeing if I can make something useful out of junk. lol. 😂 

IMG_6839.jpeg

IMG_6840.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, willie said:

Dennis, who are you kidding you need the practice moving that in and out of the door way!!!

Not really. I’m getting much to old, and sore, to be doing this anymore. lol. I was too lazy to take the plow off the tractor and put on the forks so I carried it. I guess I’m not so smart either. 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Dtret said:

Not really. I’m getting much to old, and sore, to be doing this anymore. lol. I was too lazy to take the plow off the tractor and put on the forks so I carried it. I guess I’m not so smart either. 😝

Should of just pushed it in the basement with the tractor with the plow on it!!!  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, willie said:

Should of just pushed it in the basement with the tractor with the plow on it!!!  lol

I couldn’t do that. No wheels on the back section. In the for sale section I posted that picture of the rusty body, and I was trying to figure out how to lift it without taking the tractor apart. Karen suggested that I just strap it to the gator and drag it up the hill on the roof. That worked great it just left a rust stain going up the hill. Out of sight, out of mind. For now. lol. Now I’m thinking about turning it into a sled to ride down the hill if we get some snow. I’ll get pictures if I do it. The holes in the roof may cause excessive drag. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just an FYI the original post talked about a 72 , that’s a different deal. That car is up the hill covered for winter. The pics are of the 70 I was getting ready to scrap. Just to clear up some confusion. 

• Like 1