Power brake booster

I've gotten the BBC into the car now. Now I cannot get my drivers side valve cover on because the brake booster is in the way. I have to run spacers under the cover(1/2") as to not hit the roller rocker arms (Comp.Cams Ultra roller tip rockers & poly locks). I see some of you have a  9" Diameter booster. What brand and /or where did you purchase it . I see InlineTube  sells a 9" booster. I have already bought the disc/disc brake master cylinder I'm going to install next.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

• Like 2

You may need to consider an electronic vacuum pump too. I use the Leeds one on my Monte and Camaro, happy with it so far.

• Like 2

On big Red I used a 9" booster from inline tube. I also, like Joe have a vacuum pump hidden under the front of the driver's fender, behind the windshield washer reservoir for extra brake boost. Don't know if I actually need it but from past builds, l just added it. 

PXL_20221016_121613331.jpg

• Like 3

That's what I'm ordering in the morning. I checked out leeds. Is that pump for the dodge ? The one they show in products? I was just going to re-use my canister style I've used for years. Not enough or old school?post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

48 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

That's what I'm ordering in the morning. I checked out leeds. Is that pump for the dodge ? The one they show in products? I was just going to re-use my canister style I've used for years. Not enough or old school?post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

I use these ones.  I don't use the case though.

https://www.amazon.com/LEED-Brakes-

You can get it without the canister for a few bucks less, but usually slower delivery:

https://www.amazon.com/LEED-Brakes-without case

They're actually local to me, but I get them from Amazon, here the next day and I don't have to drive out there (cheaper too).

https://leedbrakes.com

• Like 1

In the mid '80's Buick and Oldsmobile used an electric brake pump on their T-Types, Grand Nationals, and Vista Cruisers...... I always wondered if they could be fitted into other G.M. cars. 

On my 70 monte the engine had a high performance camshaft that took to much vacuum. I had to install a rotory vane vacuum pump. Machined a plate to mount the pump to the frame and wired it to the ignition.  It worked great. This was the car that the inspector lied about road testing the car. I had so many problems with that  car I had to get rid of it. I found a Really nice 71 monte close to home. I bought it and transferred all the best best parts from the 70 before I sold it. 

20231124_160214.jpg

• Like 2