NEW member but old lurker !

Quite possibly made need to do separate posts. This one could get quite lengthy if we keep going back and forth. lol. I’ll stop now. 

Knowing the car over the years, but still sleuthing, knowing the Flint, MI assembly and colors line up, it fits in with the VIN.
Of course the numbers on the tag and the numbers on the VIN sequence are different so that makes sense as well.
The 08C seems to mean '70 Aug, third week but I've got papers somewhere that shows '69 Aug. as an assembly date. I'll have to find those old papers sometime.

BodyTag.jpg

3 minutes ago, 70Monte402 said:

Knowing the car over the years, but still sleuthing, knowing the Flint, MI assembly and colors line up, it fits in with the VIN.
Of course the numbers on the tag and the numbers on the VIN sequence are different so that makes sense as well.
The 08C seems to mean '70 Aug, third week but I've got papers somewhere that shows '69 Aug. as an assembly date. I'll have to find those old papers sometime.

BodyTag.jpg

8th month third week. The year is not part of that. The year is covered on the line above so your paperwork is correct. ( if it was November it would be 11c)

Just now, Dtret said:

8th month third week. The year is not part of that. The year is covered on the line above 

Ahh, more clarification, makes sense that the 70 above is for the 70 !

So the papers I show could actually be production of '69 Aug, third week since the sequence is 0=70,F=Flint, 102268
is a low number, 2268 production, maybe one of the earlier ones made, cool.

48 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Yes. But which one??? 

You...:yay:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 70Monte402 said:

So the papers I show could actually be production of '69 Aug, third week since the sequence is 0=70,F=Flint, 102268

Absolutely correct. If you can, and want to, post some pictures of your paperwork we are always looking for any type of verification for Flint built cars. My 70SS is Flint built and I have nothing it a matching vin on the engine and transmission 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dtret said:

Yes. But which one???  lol. We are a group of funyons. That’s what makes us so ‘ appeeling’. 

Pretty good there Dennis,  you have earned a "bunch" of banana's   :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

rob

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Pretty good there Dennis,  you have earned a "bunch" of banana's   :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

rob

Yes Dennis a few more!!!  :satan-banana-smiley-emoticon::yay::satan-banana-smiley-emoticon::yay::satan-banana-smiley-emoticon::yay::satan-banana-smiley-emoticon::yay::satan-banana-smiley-emoticon::yay::satan-banana-smiley-emoticon::yay:

7 hours ago, 70Monte402 said:

Not sure about Flint, but the Van Nuys plant would do their change over in July/August. By late September Flint was on strike, with other plants following suit by the end of October and ending sometime in January. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marks71 said:

Not sure about Flint, but the Van Nuys plant would do their change over in July/August. By late September Flint was on strike, with other plants following suit by the end of October and ending sometime in January. 

That is true. My 70SS has some 69 dated parts even though it was “ born” April 

• Like 1