New to FGMCC

Brant like Dennis said, don't sell it the way it is if you don't have to.   If the original engine is long gone, just replace what's in there now. If you don't know where to find one give Jared a call maybe he can hook you up!! The car is worth way more running than not!! And don't forget, we are here for any questions if you need us????

• Like 4

Brant, just curious, how did the car run when you bought it and what’s it doing now? What’s determining that the motor is shot? Smoking, loss of power, fouling plugs, overheating, water in the oil? It seems you may take a bigger hit on the car than the cost of repairing. You stated you had 3 first gens in the past (40 or so years ago) and now as an elder, possibly for nostalgia, you’ve got another. You joined the club and now a wrench was thrown into your plans. If you re going to sell with future plans to get another then I wouldn’t. As Dennis said, not sure of your financials, so maybe it’s easy for me to say. Please elaborate more on why the motor is shot. Your Monte looks too nice to throw in the towel. At 68 I had about a 40 year span between my first 71 and my current 71. Good luck with whatever you decide.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure how to approach things? Individual was a member here and we still got stuck with  major problem (toasted motor). So for those of you who may know or chatted with Scott Borlace know he's a scammer. Please forgive the anger and frustration but this car was suppose to be our bucket list cruiser(for what we paid)but we were sold an anchor. My wife is devastated which makes it very difficult to stay calm. I'll keep you all posted on our decision. Sorry needed to vent a little on a guy who was a member here. Thanks Brant & Donna 

Edited by 72monteblue

Wayne, How long have you had this Monte?  How did you find this Monte, was it here on our site??  Did you see and drive the car before buying it? 

If you didn't look at the car or drive it prior to purchasing it did you at least try to have someone look at it for you.  Many people here have asked you what you mean when the motor is "Toasted"  or Shot and you have not answered any of the questions about what is wrong with the motor. 

Yes, Scott was a member here for one year and at that time it appears he did own the car you have purchased.

Since I don't know if anyone here knew him personally and we don't have any recently knowledge of the car we can not answer any questions about the car.  Jared would best be able to tell you if the engine that is currently in the car is what was in the car when he sold it and Jared could tell you what history he knows about it.  Jared would also be able to tell you about any work he had done on the car.  

Without more information I I would find it hard to accuse Scott of being a scammer.  It should always be a buyer beware when buying something on the internet especially if buying sight unseen.  I would suggest you contact Jared to find out everything he may have done to the car when he owned it.  Rather than coming here to post something negative about who you purchased the car from your time may be better spent considering legal action.  Many states have a "Lemon Law" when it comes to vehicles, that may be something you may want to look into also.

rob

• Like 4

Just my 2 cents here. Blueprint engines sells complete motors. A 350 hp motor is what I would replace it with. Plus they carry a warranty on everything in the motor, plus its been dyno tested before shipment. That's what I call good insurance on your classic Monte Carlo. All you need is a good shop that could do the install. I think they even have a network of places that install there motors. No matter what, keep the car and this bad memory will fade away after you get some miles on it. I've been working on mine for quite some time now, can't wait to hit the road and listen to my big block rumblin'. gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

• Like 6

After the $$ paid we expected to do some mechanical but more cosmetic. Now it's a motor due to seller not disclosing the engine issues. So now we need to spend $$ when this was suppose to be our bucket list cruiser. Learned no matter where I'm m looking beware of scammers. 

Brant, Please answer the things I posted above, such as how long you have owned the car? did you inspect the car and drive the car prior to buying it?  exactly what is wrong with the engine?  if you didn't inspect or drive the car prior to buying it did you have someone else do this? how did you find this car?  have you talked to Jared to ask him what he knows about the car from when he owned it?  Is he the one who put the engine in it?  

Yes, you should expect to get what you paid for but without more information I I would find it hard to accuse Scott of being a scammer.  It should always be a buyer beware when buying something on the internet especially if buying sight unseen.  I would suggest you contact Jared to find out everything he may have done to the car when he owned it.  Rather than coming here to post something negative about who you purchased the car from your time may be better spent considering legal action.  Many states have a "Lemon Law" when it comes to vehicles, that may be something you may want to look into also. 

Calling him a scammer here is something you should not do without more proof.  I would also suggest speaking with a lawyer.

rob

• Like 2

If the engine was changed. I am waiting to hear from him to check the number on the pad to verify because it was a numbers matching block. This had become quite an interesting plot and it thickens more.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jared Richey said:

If the engine was changed. I am waiting to hear from him to check the number on the pad to verify because it was a numbers matching block. This had become quite an interesting plot and it thickens more.

While most here will be taken aback by the anomaly, I’m biting my tongue.  In the meantime, this is a portrayal of me and Amy watching this event unfold…

image.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Well I have spoke to several individuals who had hands on this car from inception to seller and it's been a very baffeling experience.  Spoke to original builder of this car, builder of the original # matching motor, Jared who made some changes to the car and last the seller.  The story has many twists and turns with some questions still unanswered and some just not making sense.

What I have found out is that it is # matching block but it is toast due to the rear main and crank issue it REQUIRES a rebuild. While looking car over more after returning from getting fuel the flexplate is chewing it way through the trans which now requires a rebuild along with the new motor. Also found the steering gear leaking, needs replacement. To add more to the wound a door hinge bushing let go while opening door only to chip the door paint pretty bad.

So as much as you don't like the calling someone one out it is what it is and they are what they are. This is not just a set of bad circumstances I purchased a car that had known issues. Ive had this car to 3 different shops that concur the same thing. There is no way these issues were unknown by the seller I've only had the car 3 weeks or so. Weve only driven this nightmare 4 times before it began to fall apart.

What my wife and I paid for this car this car should not have us going through what we are after 4 rides with last one now having the flexplate chewing its way out. We are not going to put any more $ into this nightmare. My wife and I are going to figure out what were going to do with what's left of our bucket list nightmare. This is a world we no longer want to be part of and Scott Borlace is what he is.

Yup.  Sure sounds like you got bamboozled.  I’m guessing Borlace is a gypsy surname?  At least it has ‘BORLA’ in it.  As in the exhaust.