Dakota Digital Dash Pic

mc71454

That looks really nice. Where did you get the set-up??? That would really look nice in the Monte. Thanks for sharing.

Send a PM if you would like.

Thanks

Thanks

Got it through Summit as well.

Install wasn't too bad, just need to take your time and LABEL Everything. Comes with all the senders and the wiring is pretty basic if you can use a test lite and follow directions.

Nice real clean look! What are the sliding numbers for at the top of the left and center gauge?

They are graphs that slide from left to right to coincide with the numerical digital readout in the center of the pods.

Not going to be useful for racing, but look nice. I still need to calibrate my speedo, hopefully Tommorrow..

I am going to install a small shift light and an old '70's Sun tach for use while racing as long as it looks good. With the shift light I don't really need the tach, but I already have one and will see how it looks

Nice! The Dakota Digital kit has been on my wish list for a while now. I've heard the electric gauges aren't as accurate as the mechanical. Do you run a rev limiter and does it coinside (sp?) with the RPM readout on the dash?

Dakota Digital is nice. I do believe that this will be one of this winters projects. Nice looking dash. If you have a non-SS Monte Carlo what is the differance between it and the SS??? They say that you have to send the instument cluster in to have everything installed. Guess I'll have to find a non-SS cluster to send in and keep my stock cluster in tack. Thanks for sharing pictures.

You idle in gear at 830 RPM?

Hears my setup: 5253630016_medium.jpg

Have since added lean/rich gauge, not pictured but there are the oil and water temp guages smile

Nice! The Dakota Digital kit has been on my wish list for a while now. I've heard the electric gauges aren't as accurate as the mechanical. Do you run a rev limiter and does it coinside (sp?) with the RPM readout on the dash?

Hi Mac,

Yes I do have a rev limiter. but haven't hit it as I have 5 passes on the car so far. The electric gauges are reasonably accurrate and I have never had a problem with them in my Monte as I run Autometer electrics in that.

As I found out this past Sunday, the RPM readout in the Dakota is useless when racing. I am installing the analog tach for racing tomorrow night and will try to get a comparison.

You idle in gear at 830 RPM?

Hears my setup: 5253630016_medium.jpg

Have since added lean/rich gauge, not pictured but there are the oil and water temp guages smile

Yup..

Rob is right. You just buy their kit and install the senders, mate the wiring to your stock wiring and replace your current gauge pod with theirs. Oh and remove the speedo cable. smile

Yes, that is it pretty much. Time consuming, but straightforward. If you have the Factory Assembly Manual it really helps when removing the dash and putting it back, re-attaching grounds etc. The Dakota Instructions tell you what color the factory wires are for what connection you need to make. I checked all of mine with a test light and then verified in the assembly manual as well. The Dakota Instructions were correct.