315/35/17 on a 71

Kut

Here is how 285/35/17 on 9.5 in the front and 315/35/17 on 11.0 fill the wheel house on a MC. They do FILL the wheel well width wise too, about 3/4" clearance on the inside and outside of the tire.

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

Looks like they fill it up nicely!!

Great looking car, Id love to see some more info on it

ditto

Those are nice looking tires, how does it ride?

Welcome to the site, that set up looks sweet! I don't know too much about the Kumho's; I like the tread pattern on those... almost looks like a drag radial.

I have the numbers written down somewhere on the backspacing it is 6.5" if I remember correctly on an 17"x11". The rims are PS Engineering's Grand Sports (from the 1963 Grand Sports Corvette), I wanted rims to get a vintage racecar look of the 1960 and early 1970's (my 68 Chevelle has Team 3 minilites) and a rim that no one else would have that didn't look so pimp. The car rides a bit on the stiff side but then again it has 600 lb front springs with Bilsteins in all four corners, it right now has B-body front spindles and global west upper control arms, they will be coming off to put the car back to right which doesn't include those WRONG spindles. The rest of the suspension is boxed lower rear arms and adjustable uppers from Edelbrock. Next big thing is to possible put a TKO600 in it, that should be a blast with the 406 SBC and 3.31 posi.

Nice!

Does your Monte have full tailpipes? I have 275's in the rear and there is maybe 1/2 in clearance to the tailpipes...

Any issues with rubbing in the front at full left or right?

Nice!

Does your Monte have full tailpipes? I have 275's in the rear and there is maybe 1/2 in clearance to the tailpipes...

Any issues with rubbing in the front at full left or right?

I only run full lenght tailpipes, the only way to enjoy a car without that annoying drone. Tailpipe to tire clearance is more of an issue who bent up the tailpipes, if they are done like GM ran them up through the dent GM put in the frame there will not be any interference with the tire and tailpipes. I have had some crappy exhaust system that made big tires a PIA, this car has the old Edelbrock Headerback system from about 10 years ago. I do have a bit of rub in the front but that will be taken care of when I toss the B-body spindles in the great scrap pile......