EDIT RADIO QUESTION Build Sheet Question

kovey10

Hi, I am curious as to where the build sheet would be located on my 70 Monte Carlo from the Flint plant. I have seen and heard several stories of people finding them under the back seat, under the carpet, etc. I am curious as to where they were located from the Flint plant.

EDIT- I am also curious about a 70 with NO radio. Was this an option? Did the car come with a delete plate then??

I didnt think my car had a build sheed and Ive had it since 1989. It Wasnt under the Seat, on the Back of the seat or on top of the Gas tank. We just found it in Febuary. It was under the Driver side Bucket seat. To top it off it was made for and Sold by Modern Chevrolet in Winston Salem NC. If you look on the Parts source page it= Classic Muscle from Modern Chevrolet, Inc.

Good Luck

"EDIT- I am also curious about a 70 with NO radio. Was this an option? Did the car come with a delete plate then??"

No radio was standard and any radio was an option. If you didn't order a radio, there was a plate that covered the holes in the dash. Most people ordered a radio or put one in over the last 30+ years, so finding a Monte with this plate is rare. I've seen one over the years. Looks like an after thought by the designers and is hard to forget once you've seen it.