Plastic inner fenders for 70

Guest sdb

I purchased plastic inners for 70'but they don't fit worth a u know what. The packing slip said Chevelle/Monte Carlo but I wonder if they fit anything.They look right but only 2 out of 12 or so holes line up. Does anyone know where to buy ones that fit?

Even the NOS plastic fenders seem to have fitment problems, but can be massaged in if done properly. Chevelle's are different but can be used if you have some patience. The problem is when connected. The stresses in the plastic tend to start them cracking prematurely as noted by others who have used them.

Montes have their own plastic fender characteristics and are not the same as a Chevelle. The NOS P/N's are different between the two. I believe the biggest problem with using the Chevelle inner fenderwells occur at the backside of the wheel but can't remember exactly where. You can likely see when holding fenderwell up into position by aligning the front section where the fit will be closer.

I replaced my plastic cracked NOS fenderwells with Metal a year or so ago and they required some effort, elongated holes and massaging to fit up.

For best fit up, you need Monte (only) inner fender wells. To often advertised as fits Chevelle/Monty is just wrong. Both cars share many different components but not all of them!

NOS plastic fenders are sometimes offered via ebay. Check with Leo @ Koniksklassiks as he is a very good source for parts, new and used.

Also, not sure where you purchased but I might see whats involved to return them as they are misrepresented!

Doug

non of these aftermarket parts fit like they are suppose too, they all need a little tweeking to work, I used the chevelle steel ones and love them, only some minor work needed, I'm going to use the steel ones on my '70 4 speed too

Many moons ago, when GM still had stock (1989 I think), I replaced my plastic inner fenders with GM stock and also found that they were difficult to fit and required elongated holes in some locations. Over time they also cracked so don't feel too bad about your aftermarket ones.

"Ford Parts Depot"???? Isn't that sacrilegious or something? Buying Chevy parts from Ford....lmao....:)

Steve,I know what your saying,just doesn't seem right does it!lol

I have used ones for a Chevelle and I found the biggest problem was the lip that secures to the fender. I had to heat them and bend them to fit. A pain in the you know what. I will not do that agin!!

I have also used the ones from the Parts Place. As Steve said they are for a Monte and the fit was excellent. The way to go if you are set on using plastic inner wells.

My 2 cents, late as usual.